Focus Lighting is hiring!
This is an extraordinary opportunity for candidates that are intelligent, energetic, and creative, and who are eager to contribute to the creation of world-class architectural projects.
Our office is located in Harlem and is a busy, yet very creative and exciting environment. Benefits are provided, including paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k).
Position: Project Manager
• Oversee budgeting, technical design, bidding, construction and close-out
• Be the primary contact during construction for clients, contractors, and vendors
• Review and do take-offs of architectural and electrical drawings and bid documents
• Design and engineer architectural lighting control systems
• Create bill of materials and quotations for lighting fixtures and control systems
• Ordering, tracking and coordinating delivery of equipment
• Mock-up unusual conditions and participate in the design and engineering of unique architectural details, custom fixtures, and controls
• Coordinate installation of fixtures and controls with the contractors
The successful candidate will:
• Have prior experience with architectural or theatrical dimming & controls and/or computer networking and/or LED fixtures
• Have 1-2 years’ experience in project management for theater, design, or construction
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Adobe Suite and be able to learn new software easily.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (organized, prioritized, succinct)
• Be highly organized and detail oriented
• Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work both independently and collaboratively, and function well under pressure
• Have a BA or MFA in technical theater or a BA in architecture, design, engineering, construction, or a related field
This is an office-based position, but some local and domestic travel may be required.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lighting PM” and your name in the subject and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Position: Marketing/Executive Assistant
Focus Lighting has an immediate full-time opening for a Marketing/Executive Assistant. This position is a unique mix of Marketing/PR work and administrative support to the Principals of the firm.
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Public Relations, with relevant office experience, excellent writing skills, and an eye for graphic design. For the right applicant, this position has potential for long-term growth.
Marketing Responsibilities (approximately 60% of the role) include:
• Writing press releases, developing relationships with magazine editors.
• Maintaining the company brochure and website, managing email marketing campaigns.
• Writing award entries, preparing speeches and company presentations.
Administrative Responsibilities (approximately 40% of the role) include:
• Managing Principals’ schedules; email and phone correspondence.
• Arranging travel for Principals and Designers, creating expense reports.
• Other administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or Public Relations.
• Relevant work experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an eye for graphic design.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work both independently and collaboratively, and function well under pressure
• Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office.
Please e-mail email@example.com with “Marketing/Executive Assistant” and your name in the subject and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.