Focus Lighting is hiring!
This is an extraordinary opportunity for candidates that are intelligent, energetic, and creative, and who are eager to contribute to the creation of world-class architectural projects.
Our office is located in Harlem and is a busy, yet very creative and exciting environment. Benefits are provided, including paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k).
Position: Junior Lighting Designer
• Four year degree required, theatrical design or architecture degree preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with an eye for detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and function well under pressure.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop is required.
• Experience with MS Office is a plus.
• General creative abilities, capable of working independently.
• General technical skills, with the ability to pick up new technologies easily.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Lighting Designer” and your name in the subject and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Position: Project Manager
• Oversee budgeting, technical design, bidding, construction and close-out
• Be the primary contact during construction for clients, contractors, and vendors
• Review and do take-offs of architectural and electrical drawings and bid documents
• Design and engineer architectural lighting control systems
• Create bill of materials and quotations for lighting fixtures and control systems
• Ordering, tracking and coordinating delivery of equipment
• Mock-up unusual conditions and participate in the design and engineering of unique architectural details, custom fixtures, and controls
• Coordinate installation of fixtures and controls with the contractors
The successful candidate will:
• Have prior experience with architectural or theatrical dimming & controls and/or computer networking and/or LED fixtures
• Have 1-2 years’ experience in project management for theater, design, or construction
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Adobe Suite and be able to learn new software easily.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (organized, prioritized, succinct)
• Be highly organized and detail oriented
• Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work both independently and collaboratively, and function well under pressure
• Have a BA or MFA in technical theater or a BA in architecture, design, engineering, construction, or a related field
This is an office-based position, but some local and domestic travel may be required.
Please e-mail email@example.com with “Lighting PM” and your name in the subject and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.